You’ve already seen pictures of my Paper Dolls but here are some knitterly details.
Initially, I went with Sundara Sock in the brilliant blue paired with Malabrigo Sock in the burnt orange. But when I was knitting the corrugated ribbing, Jocelyn sweetly pointed out that the two yarns were of different weights and for colorwork that would be a definite no-no. I immediately went to Sundara’s website to track down a similar orangey colored sock yarn to knit the dolls. What I found was an amazing fiery orange called Fire Studies #252 and the Malabrigo pales in comparison.
I’ve talked about my colorwork grumpiness before and so I won’t recount it again. Pouting aside, the finished top is fantastic! Ya’ll know about my steadfast devotion to blocking and this time it did wonders to the garment. The fit is great and the fabric has the perfect drape and softness. I knit the short rows exactly like the pattern prescribed but I did make changes to the waist shaping and needle size for the corrugated ribbing. I also added the pigtails to the dolls to make them look less alienesque! Details of these changes are on my Ravelry page.
I used only two skeins of the blue and about 1/3 of the orange skein. That means I have plenty of leftover fingering weight yarn to knit another little something.
One satisfied knitter!